Important Events and Meetings
Where is each of us going and when ; where <should> we be going ?
- Meeting with 5th floor IAEN researchers to present our mutual projects
Planned Meeting Agenda
Meeting November 27
- Planned bi-weekly invitational seminars
- Full-day topical seminars
- Attendance at local workshops of infodesarollo
- Discuss how we can use in a productive way the 4-hour classes (mandatory as per IAEN's contract) we must give until Dec, 31st and when/where this is going to happen. We have freedom to do the way /for the public we want to.
Meeting November 29
- Review of the five scoping documents
- Review of the five expert lists
- Welcoming George
- Planned Events
- int'l workshop with scpm on state / civil society market
- subject seminars per stream
- inviting ecuadorian experts
- 4 hour teaching requirement
- attending at least one infodesarrollo
- The issue of buying books
Meeting December 3
- research presentation by George
- using Zotero
- Discussion of publication and conference presentation of research work
Meeting December 5
- George Dafermos research presentation
- awful logo
- communication policy in general
- post-Bauwens departure (xmas break holidays)
- publication schedule starting in January (w/ communication policy)
Meeting December 9
- Scope and sourcing documents: ensure consistency in structure/format
- Start working on the policy documents
- Prepare calendar/milestones per each stream for January
- Reports/policy documents per stream: they have to be connected to each other
- What to do with the 4hour class/seminar:
- Thu 19 Dec: Janice (14.00-16.00)
- Fri 20 Dec: John, George (10.00 – 16.00)
- Mon 23 Dec: Jenny, Daniel (10.00 – 16.00)
- what we need to do next: book a room (ask Pancho) for the above dates.
- Also, write an abstract for each class/lecture
- 10 am: Meeting with Econ.Gabriela Córdova (Intendencia de Estadísticas Estudios y Normas delegada por el Superintendente de economía popular y solidaria)
Meeting January 6
- Updates on where our research/writing is at
- Research framework and policy - what the overall structure and framework of our research is, the key policy areas we are focusing on, and how all this is going to fit together.
- Deadlines/goals for our first drafts - should we keep the first draft for Feb. 15?
- Outstanding issues that we still need to address - Urgent need for a Spanish translator; status of prometheus positions; status on two Ecuadorian researchers, Administration; communications; publisher for the research;, etc.
- Trip to the Amazonas (John, Jenny) scheduled to this coming weekend.
- Janice's presentation of FLOK and the research on Jan, 8th at Cafolis.
- Status/further actions to be done on the PESC (the document we have been working with SENESCYT)
- Overview on the seminars we are supposed to organize for the next weeks (with SPCM, per stream, with civil society)
- Discussion on presentation for Yachay
- Meeting with Rifkin’s Office (Jan 22)
Meeting January 14
- Interview with two Ecuadorian specialists - we need to schedule an interview with them.
- Infodesarrollo workshops - January, 20th/21st in Quito - who will be going - anyone going to other locations?
- Welcome to Paul - maybe he wants to talk about his ideas for stream 1?
- Updates to Michel and Paul on latest news: possible reduction of the 20/25 specialists to come, cumbre moved to last week of May, etc.
Meeting Minutes Documents
FLOK Research Meetings
20.11.2013 with Infodesarrollo: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iK6L0maFLSwqmVub9Ck-zAoDlGTKTjKRJIJ0Lvollw8/edit
21.11.2013 with YasuniSi: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qrnFniCbr3MpzbfgtO7kB8dWNfw1IMCvDv_uAxmAi98/edit?usp=sharing
25.11.2013 with decano Patricio: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vGUsqJ24i4fl4kWV7goErjNfoDfu2_1kJLMdZz2YnbY/edit
26.11.2013 with Fernando Rosero Garcés, coordinador general del Centro Andino para la Formación de Líderes Sociales (CAFOLIS) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VsmbScdgbEPAWH5tCPY8j-pS9xdVsTkgE_LZVa6SsCk/edit?usp=drive_web
03.12.2013 with EFF's members: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ixMqXFXsJtkIkK1q_taBLMdipGMTmpH5O1ABX-pc2CA/edit
03.12.2013 with Infodesarrollo: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p088nI-E8Kfse1CXkpFq00Eg_Hcxmaj4wwPdmEhdZHs/edit